Seeing Through the Lies
Unmasking the Myths Women Believe
by Vonda Skelton
- Are you striving to be a woman of excellence, but feel you're landing somewhere between mediocre and unfit?
- Do you want to be your husband's lover, but feel more like his mother?
- Are you convinced that busyness is next to godliness?
- Are you trying so hard to be everything to everybody that you feel like you’re nobody to anybody?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you’re not alone—you’ve simply fallen victim to the lies of Satan! But you don’t have to be seduced by his masquerade any longer. Join the fun as we take a hilarious journey through all things female on our search for real truth in a counterfeit world. From spider veins and webs of deceit to cartoon characters and feminist funnies, Seeing through the Lies: Unmasking the Myths Women Believe will help you recognize the lies and take joy in the light of His Truth.
The suggested Bible readings, small group discussion questions, and meditations on the very words of Jesus will help you discover not only the lies that bind you, but the keys that set you free.
Listen, girlfriend, it doesn’t matter who you are or where you’ve been or what you’ve done, God is ready to give you a fresh start on a new life—one that can only come through the acceptance of His unchanging truth.
Vonda Skelton is an author, playwright, lyricist, and entertaining speaker with a heart for women and their families. Her newest book is Seeing through the Lies: Unmasking the Myths Women Believe (Regal Books). Taken from the pages of real life, this book uses everyday humor to deliver a serious message about the lies women believe. Wherever she goes, Vonda’s delightful messages are a source of encouragement to women of all ages and in all seasons of life. She is also the author of The Bitsy Burroughs Mysteries for children 8-14 years old. An RN and freelance writer, Vonda frequently writes for magazines, including HomeLife, Christian Single, Focus on the Family publications, and New Man Magazine, and many others. Her award-winning scripts have been performed in churches around the country and she is a frequent instructor at writer’s conferences.
Vonda has been married to Gary for 39 years and they have two daughters and four grandchildren.
As one who tries—and often fails—to be like Christ, Vonda is thankful God continues to take her messes and use them for His glory!
If you would like to have Vonda speak at your event or if you’d like to pre-order an autographed copy of Seeing through the Lies, please visit:
What People Are Saying
- Vonda helps us get a grip and find our footing, so reality doesn't knock us out...and she does it with giggles and grace. Her light touch combined with her deep heart make this worth embracing.
- Patsy Clairmont, author of Dancing Bones...living lively in the valley
- With a gutsy, “girlfriend-we’re-in-this-together” voice, Seeing through the Lies exposes the lies of Satan while embracing the truth of God’s Word. You’ll be laughing one minute and crying the next, but don’t let that fool you. Just when you least expect it, Vonda’s message is going to grab your heart—and it’s not going to let it go.
- Allison Bottke, author of God Allows U-Turns
- For the last 35 years I have traversed the country speaking to women’s groups. One common denominator I find in each corner of the continent is an overwhelming sense of discontent. Women are busy, fearful, and questioning God—just to name a few. In Seeing Through the Lies, Vonda Skelton addresses the core issues at the root of the problems most women face and—after speaking to numerous women’s groups herself—Vonda knows how to write in a way that connects to the female reader. This is not a doctrinal treatise, nor a psychological tome. It is fresh, real and delightful reading that is enjoyable and enlightening!
- Florence Littauer, Founder The CLASS Seminar, speaker and author of Silver Boxes and Personality Plus
- “With delightful humor and keen insight Vonda shares her experiences and helps us see through the deceptions in our own lives. This is a wonderful book that will bring you encouragement to step out from behind the lies.”
- Nancy Stafford, Actress (co-star of “Matlock”), Speaker, and Author of Beauty by the Book: Seeing Yourself as God Sees You and The Wonder of His Love: A Journey into the Heart of God
- Vonda challenges and cheers women on to a better life. Her friendly, no non sense, thought provoking style will encourage and inspire women to discover the fulfilling life and inner peace they have been looking for.
- Pam Farrel, author of over 25 books including best selling Men are like Waffles, Women are like Spaghetti , Fantastic After 40 and 10 Best Decisions a Women Can Make. Founder of Seasoned Sisters
- Vonda’s humor and experience provide a fresh approach to age old issues that continue to plague women today. I found myself laughing out loud and identifying with many illustrations. Women’s ministry leaders will enjoy using Seeing Through The Lies as a tool to stimulate discussion of hot topics.
- Anne Beck, Women’s Ministry Consultant for Carolina Baptist Association. Volunteer Women’s Ministry Coordinator for North Carolina Women’s Missionary Union
Order your copy today from VondaSkelton.com